Our body is our temple, and we need to take care of it to have a healthy life. If you repeatedly abuse it with unhealthy food, it will wear out quickly. While you may look okay on the outside, you are not well from inside. Life is beautiful and you don’t want to suffer yourself with unnecessary health problems. Today, your vital organs (kidney, heart, lungs, gall bladder, liver, stomach, intestines, etc) may be working well, but they may not be tomorrow.
Don’t take your health today for granted. Take proper care of your body. To live a healthier life you’ll most likely need to make some adjustments in some areas. Being “healthy” is based on many things including: your genetics, diet, exercise routine and lifestyle choices. Since you cannot control your genes, making changes to things you have control over can help lead to a healthier life.
In this post I will share 14 ways for living healthier life.
- Think Positive: Our minds have power over everything in our lives. A simple positive twist on a situation can make your health better. Thinking positively does not mean that you ignore the bad or unpleasant things in life. It simply means that you approach every situation in life, both good and bad, with a positive outlook and a productive mindset. You can work on engaging in positive thinking in every day life.
To start thinking more positively, try to identify the things you think negatively about, and recognize why your thoughts and feelings are negative about those things. Try to find the positive aspects of negative situations. Allow yourself to smile or laugh even when you’re upset to live a healthy lifestyle. Spend time with positive people and avoid negative people as much as possible.
- Manage Stress: Stress is a hard to control emotion that can affect your health. Because of stress in o everything else falls apart in our lives like mindsets, relationships, self-confidence etc. You cannot avoid stressful situations, but you can find ways to relieve your stress. Stress can lead to a variety of health related side effects including: headache, depression, fatigue, raises your risk of a heart attack, diabetes and reduced immunity.
Think about how to manage stress. What could you do to be more calm and relaxed? Engage in those things which help you to calm down and release stress and anxiety. A very healthy way of managing stress is doing yoga. You can also try meditation, light exercise, listening to music, watching your favorite movie or talking to a friend.
- Eat Healthy: When you’re trying to live a healthier life, your diet is one of the most important things. Eat fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dairy, beans, nuts, salads, fermented foods like yogurt, protein, and healthy fat. You may talk to your physician about your diet.
Eat about 5 vegetables and 5 fruits a day. Don’t eat over 10 as this will cause you to gain weight. Eat at least three meals a day with healthy snacks in between. It is unhealthy to over eat. Make sure that you’re not overeating. Avoid processed food and fast food. Eat foods made from fresh and simple ingredients. Don’t take vitamins and supplements unless a doctor recommends them.
- Drink Lots of Water: Make a conscious effort to drink more water. Being adequately hydrated is essential to living a healthier life. When you’re dehydrated you may experience a variety of side effects that may not only affect your health, but how you’re feeling as well. When you’re dehydrated you may have chronic headaches or fatigue.
Drink water, fruit juices, milk and other liquids throughout the day. Drink 2.5 to 3 liters, or about eight glasses of water a day. Eating juicy vegetables and fruits will also hydrate you. Try to avoid soda and other artificially sweetened drinks. Sugar is bad for your metabolism, your teeth and your immune system.
- Exercise: Physical activity is an important component of a healthier lifestyle. This will also help support your mental and emotional health. Make sure you do exercise every day. It will boost your mood, your energy, and your health. You should exercise about 1 hour a day. You don’t have to join a gym to exercise.
Find an exercise routine that you truly enjoy. Exercise should feel rejuvenating and enjoyable. Find exercises you enjoy like walking, cycling, yoga, dancing etc. Just make sure you are exercising consistently. You can also incorporate more activities into your daily routine by taking the stairs instead of the elevator; avoid taking public transport or car for shorter distances and taking a quick walk after lunch or dinner.
Find a friend to workout with. You can teach each other your favorite exercises, as well as motivate each other to go during lazy times. Also, there’s nothing wrong with little competitions.
- Meditation: Even if you master every aspect of physical health, it won’t feel complete if you’re suffering from inner turmoil. Studies suggest that meditation can help to get a healthy and positive mind. This can help you recognize and remove negative and unproductive thoughts. To experience the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. Meditation takes time and practice. It can take a long time to bring your focus to the present moment, especially if you’re suffering from stress, depression, anxiety etc. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day.
- Sleep Properly: Sleep has most important role in health. To maintain your immune resistance, your weight and your mental health, make a regular sleep schedule. If you’re an adult, 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night is typically recommended. Getting more sleep will help you feel more rested and ready to face the day in the morning. It gives your body more time to rejuvenate itself as well.
Sleeping time is the time when your body repairs itself. To help you get a well-rested sleep, do not exercise right before bed, turn off all electronics gadgets, and turn off all lights and things that make noise. This will help you get the best sleep.
Don’t ignore chronic sleep problems if you have any. Remember sleeping too much is as big problem as sleeping too less. Make an appointment with your doctor. He/she can help you to overcome this problem.
- Take Care of Your Hygiene: It’s seems very common but thousands of people in the world avoid good hygiene habits and don’t even know it. An example of good hygiene would be taking showers once a day, brushing teeth 2-3 times a day, wearing fresh clothes, having proper clean nails and the list goes on.
Take shower every day once or twice. This will cut down on body odor, body acne, and hygiene-related diseases. Brush your teeth daily. It prevents not only bad breath but also gum disease. Clean your feet regularly. Make sure to scrub between your toes to prevent unpleasant odors. Try to wear clean clothes. Wash your hands before and after eating, preparing food, after using the toilet, before and after treating a minor wounds, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cultivate Healthy Habits: In addition to eating a healthy diet, it’s important to live a healthy and active lifestyle. How well you care for your body in your young age can have a big impact on your health later in life. If you have trouble getting to the gym on a regular basis, build more activity into your daily routine. Take up gardening, cleaning your home or another activity. Make a group for morning walk so that you remember to go on walks everyday. Go out and do activities to find what you like and then pursue the one or two that strike your fancy.
- Make New Hobbies: Hobbies can counter daily stress. If you have any hobby, make time for it from your busy routine and peruse it. It will make you happy and stress free. Make new hobbies if you don’t have any. Do whatever makes you feel good. You could read books, write poems or stories, collect coins or postage stamps etc. Try to do something new by stepping out from your comfort zone. It will help you to find your talent and keep your mind fresh.
- Socialize More: Having a healthy social network is good for your health and your mental stability. I am not talking about social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter. Keep in touch with family and friends. Get to know your neighbors. You don’t need to make best friends but you can have a friendly chat. When you see each other share good ideas. Tell the people you like or love what you love about them. Volunteer to help out people in your life when they are in need, and ask for help when you need it. If you’re single you may try dating. If you’re happily coupled, send more time with your partner. Romantic companionship is one of the biggest factors in health and happiness.
- Stop Smoking: All health professionals recommend for stop smoking or stop using other tobacco products. These products have been linked to a variety of healthy problems and diseases. Try to give up smoking as soon as possible. Giving up smoking is very difficult and may cause some temporary side effects but it’s the quickest way to discontinue damaging your body. If you’re having trouble quitting, ask your doctor for help. They might be able to prescribe you a medication or refer you to a smoking cessation program.
- Avoid Alcohol: Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to weight gain or weight loss and also have negative effects of your overall health both physical and mental. Alcohol is also associated with health risks, including liver disease, cancer, heart disease, alcohol poisoning, and depression. Avoid alcohol completely to lead a healthier life.
- Relax: Taking time off from work and other stressors is essential to your health. Engage in the hobbies that relax you, get out of the house and walk in nature, hang out with friends, and learn some relaxation techniques that you can do in rough moments. Even if you don’t work, it’s important to take breaks from your everyday routine. Take vacations and weekend trips which you find relaxing. Try to keep your evenings free. Take quick naps and short breaks during your workday.
copyright © 2016 livewithstyle19.wordpress.com. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for reading this post…
Did you like this post??
Share your feedback in the comment box below…
If you have other tips for healthy life please share with me in the comment box..